Friday 7 June 2013

#68

Today was an end of an era, leavers day - where have the last two years gone?

Yearbook, Tutor Group photo, Cake and Flowers from Jan

I can still remember my very first day, knowing hardly anyone and feeling pretty scared. Which now seems very strange to me as I now feel like I know it so well. You always see those people on your first week somewhere knew and think "they look like they know what they are doing" and it is very odd to now be one of those people. 

As the college is so big we don't have a proper leavers do or anything, but our department for the last 3 years have started doing a 'leavers assembly' type thing. My tutor, Jan, had put the whole thing together and it was lovely. A couple of speeches from the important people, and then we all set-off some balloons which we had written our aspirations on. How ironic when half of them got caught in a near-by tree - metaphorical possibly? We then went back inside for cake, always a must! It was really nice as well to see everyone looking through the yearbook, which I have probably put more time into than I have revision recently. Jan also nicely embarrassed me in front of everyone by giving me flowers as a thank you for doing it. 

It was just a really nice way to round-off two very enjoyable years, I almost feel a little bit sad to be closing this chapter of my life. But definitely excited to move on to the next one.
[Just 2 exams to go!] 

Until tomorrow, Goodbye x


1 comment:

  1. It was actually pretty good, I was surprised! hahaha, can't wait to leave though!


    http://phlerbler.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete